You might have already noticed: INTO MIND has gotten a make over and now sports a shiny new theme and some new categories! It took me a couple of months to adjust everything from image sizes to CSS changes but now nearly everything is finally in its place. I chose the new theme (Gridspace) because it allows me to show more than just the newest post on the front page and it makes it easier to find existing posts. My overall concept is not so much based on current trends or news as it is on timeless content, so this layout is a much better fit. Apart from the new design, there are also a few new conceptual elements that I wanted to point out:
- Wardrobe building and defining your own personal style will become more prominent topics. So far I have published two ‘core posts’ which summarize the approach: ‘A minimalist approach to personal style‘ and the ‘10 Step Wardrobe Revamp‘. From now on you can find both of these in the main menu in the sidebar and all posts on the topic in the category WARDROBE BUILDING.
- To illustrate the ‘theoretical/ instructional’ wardrobe building posts, I will of course continue to show you how I plan my own wardrobe and express my personal style in the form of outfit posts, capsule wardrobes, etc. in the MY PERSONAL STYLE category.
- I have used the minimalist approach for my beauty routine/ products for years, but have not written about it too much here. You can expect a full show and tell of my routines/ make up looks/ product collections soon, in the BEAUTY category.
- My background lies in Psychology, so from time to time I will write a longish, thorough post on a research-based topic that I feel would benefit the non-psychologist. These kinds of posts take quite a long time to research and edit, but I prefer to write one helpful and detailed post per month rather than several shorter ones that only scratch the surface. All psychology-related posts will be in the MIND category from now on.
- I love DIY and will definitely continue posting in that category. You can find all of my recent projects here, and every piece of DIY inspiration I have collected here.
- For any new readers, I have summarized the core features of INTO MIND on the about page. Check it out here.
What do you think?