The Curated Closet
Out September 20th
I'm super excited to say that my very first book "The Curated Closet: A Simple System for Discovering Your Personal Style and Building Your Dream Wardrobe" will be published this September.
It's a 270-page, full-colour guide to building your best wardrobe yet, featuring everything you need to know to discover and refine your personal style, overhaul your closet, and learn how to shop in a smarter, more thoughtful way.
You'll find all of my favourite tips and techniques (including lots of new, book-exclusive ones), step-by-step instructions, creative exercises, pep talks, infographics and lots of beautiful photographs shot by the lovely Anna Rose and Kelly Puleio.
You can order your copy of "The Curated Closet" here:
Praise for The Curated Closet
"Fans of the author's blog, Marie Kondo devotees, and anyone who's tired of having a full closet but 'nothing to wear' will treasure this superb resource."
Stephanie Klose, Library Journal
“In a world inundated with fast fashion and rapidly changing trends, it’s easy for our closets to become graveyards of misguided purchases. In the midst of plenty, identifying our personal style can feel harder than ever. Anuschka Rees’s The Curated Closet is a smart, straightforward manual that encourages readers to discover what they like and to develop a wardrobe that makes getting dressed easier. Anuschka's pragmatic book should be required reading for anyone familiar with staring at a closet full of clothes and still feeling like they don't have a thing to wear.”
Erin Boyle, author of Simple Matters
"This chic, thoughtful book is full of genius methods for taking control of your look, your habits, your budget, and your wardrobe. Best of all, it helps you discover your own unique style rather than follow the trends—authenticity is always in fashion!"
Alison Freer, author of How to Get Dressed
"Refreshing and thorough, Rees delivers a fashion-forward guide that’s awesomely sensible."
Table of contents
Introduction: A tale of bargains, impulse buys, and seasonal must-haves
Closet Diagnostics: Why you don’t have anything to wear
PART I: THE BASICS
1. The Curated Closet philosophy
2. Getting started: Define the status quo and set style goals
PART II: DISCOVER YOUR PERSONAL STYLE
3. What your clothes say about you
4. Discover your style, phase I: Get inspired
5. Discover your style, phase II: Experiment and fine-tune
6. Putting it all together: Your style profile
PART III: BUILD YOUR DREAM WARDROBE
7. Closet detox: The complete guide
8. How to build a wardrobe that fits your life (not your fantasy life)
9. Closet composition 101
10. Selecting a versatile color palette
11. Working with outfit formulas
12. Business hours: Tweaking your wardrobe for work
13. Overhauling your wardrobe: A step-by-step roadmap
14. How (and when) to build a capsule wardrobe
15. Become your own best stylist
PART IV: THE ART OF SHOPPING
16. How to shop like a conscious consumer
17. Decision time: When to buy and when to keep looking
18. How to stop overspending and make the most of your budget
19. Assessing garment quality: A beginner’s guide
20. Practical pointers for finding clothes that fit well
21. Maintaining and updating your wardrobe throughout the year: A timeline